Pages

Sunday, February 27, 2011

The Ladybug and Bean is "Giving Back"


I'm sure that you have known someone with cancer, or have dealt with cancer yourself. Five of my relatives have lost their lives to cancer, and luckily my dear sister WON the battle when she was only 21 years of age.

An acquaintance of mine posted a link on her Facebook page regarding a 19 month old girl, named Alana. Alana was diagnosed with AML (Acute Myeloid Leukemia) at the age of 9 months. Sadly, she passed away a couple of days ago due to this terrible disease. 

As heart wrenching as this video was for me to watch, it really made me realize that cancer is non discriminating. It doesn't matter your age, size, race, gender, or ethnicity....

I am a few weeks from finally launching The Ladybug and Bean website and online store. When I do, a portion of each sold Criblanket will go to the Children's Cancer Research Fund. Also, I will have a "Give Back" Criblanket category that will go toward the ASPCA and the Susan G. Komen Foundation, featuring animal and breast cancer ribbon Criblankets, respectively.

Hug your loved ones a little tighter today, think of the ones that have passed, and love like you have never loved before. ♥

No comments: