Pages

Friday, February 25, 2011

Go Texan Day!



You may have noticed that I have been on a little hiatus for the past weeks. Things have been crazy in our household {a few colds, traveling, getting Criblankets produced, 5th Disease attacking my 2 year old,  doctor's appointments} and I can write an entire entry about everything we have been doing!

But, let's get back to the swing of things....today is Go Texan Day in Houston as we get ready to kick off the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo! The rodeo has been around since 1938 in our city and the Go Texan Day movement was launched in the 1950's, with a little help from an ad agency. I can recall being a child and getting so excited for February because it meant that the rodeo was finally here. Now that I'm a mommy (and married to a Californian who hasn't truly experienced a rodeo before), I'm thrilled to introduce this tradition to my family. There is an overwhelming feeling of state pride at this event - and with awesome music, the amazing food aroma engulfing the air, and livestock shows to entertain the kids, this will surely be an event to remember.

No comments: