Pages

Sunday, January 16, 2011

My Latest Obsession

I have been extremely busy trying to get The Ladybug and Bean website up and running that I really haven't had time for fun/creative projects. Since I don't have any tips today, I'm going to tell you about my latest obsession.....long, beautiful lashes. I've looked into products like Latisse and quite frankly I'm scared to use them only because I'm super clumsy {my hubby and daughter can attest to this}. With my luck I'll smear the brush over my eyeball which will only lead to bad things. Fake eyelashes are great, but I don't have the time to apply them and I've never been able to put them on straight.

A few days ago I was visiting my favorite Ulta Salon getting my eyebrows waxed at the Benefits Bar when I saw a pamphlet for Novalash Eyelash Extensions. From my understanding they use the best adhesive in the marketplace and each synthetic lash is bonded and applied to a single natural lash. The entire process can take anywhere from 2.5-3 hours. They last approximately 4 weeks and to keep the "look" consumers need to get them touched up monthly as natural lashes grow and fall out. No mascara is needed and you can wash your face and they won't fall off.

The cost is anywhere from $150-$250 for a complete set then approximately $50-$75 monthly for the touch ups {which is pretty expensive in my opinion, so it will remain an obsession}.

No comments: